We recently moved to Colorado Springs from Scottsdale, AZ about 6 months ago. One of the advantages of living in the Phoenix area was the availability of cheap flights to several destinations out of the Phoenix/Mesa airport. Since my husband was working for Hyatt, we decided on a Park City vacation and used comp nights at the Hyatt Escala Lodge. We booked extremely cheap flights on Allegiant and flew into Ogden, Utah. We enjoyed every minute of our Utah getaway. Here are some of the highlights:
1. The scenery: It was late August and the weather was perfect. The Aspen trees were gorgeous and the mountains were stunning. Since we were living in the desert at the time, being in the mountains was a definite treat.
2. The Canyons: We rode the gondola up to the Red Pine Lodge and hiked through a trail until it started to rain. We finished our hike with a cup of hot chocolate at the lodge before making our way back down to the shops and restaurants. It’s a great area where you can hang out and have a beer while enjoying the great views.
3. Park City Mountain Resort: The Alpine Slide and the Alpine Coaster. SO MUCH FUN!!
4. High West Distillery and Saloon: Delicious whisky lemonade. Cinnamon grilled Krispey Kreme donut with whiskey ice cream and caramel. Need I say more?!
5. Hyatt Escala Lodge: I may be biased in how I love Hyatt hotels, but oh my, this hotel was amazing. We ended up getting a suite which contributed to my long baths and many naps. We spent our nights downstairs by a fire pit making smores and drinking beer. Everything was perfect and so relaxing.
On our drive back to Ogden, we stopped in Salt Lake City to check out the capital building. The capital is stunning inside and out, and the views are once again amazing. Although Park City is a popular winter destination, it was awesome in the summer, and visiting this place in the off season helps for a budget friendly vacation.
1 comments on “Park City Adventure”